Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Summary
The King's new Queen looks forward to a fresh start, leaving behind the legacy of her mirror-making father for a life of caring for her new husband, his daughter, and their kingdom. The Queen and her stepdaughter, Snow White, are off to a great start, until the arrival of the King's creepy cousins, The Odd Sisters. Although you probably already know how the story turns out, this retelling is an intriguing explanation for how the characters got there.

Comments
This book is the first in its series, and it also marked the beginning of my reading adventures in 2019. Fairest of All caught my attention when the Kindle version went on sale in April 2017. I was reminded of it in late 2018 when I found out that another mom in my circle was fond of the series. This book introduces the Odd Sisters, relatives of Snow White's father, and a driving force for events in multiple books in the series. The Evil Queen shown in the Disney animated film appears toward the end of the book, but not before the reader has a chance to see a very different Queen. I was pleasantly surprised by the story.

Disclosure
I purchased a digital copy of this book.

You Might Also Like
Fairest by Gail Carson Levine
Fairest by Marissa Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment